Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Autumn

I believe I only post things in the autumn. It is not because I only think in the autumn. That is unlikely, anyhow. It is porbably because I do not care about the world until the autumn. The autumn makes me nostalgic for what i remember the world being like. I recall that when I was a boy, my father drove me to the moon in his rocket car. We arrived and he introduced me the moon people, a gentle race of aliens who had no word to express the concept of war and only knew how to plant and grow. It was quite admirable especially because Confucius had never been to the moon.

There was also a fantastic trip where my family went to japan to steal the emperors finest hair comb. My two elder brothers were caught in the attempt, and the first was drowned and the second was burned, but thankfully they were each immune to their particular torments and survived. I than went to steal the comb and was caught. The emperor decreed that my head be cut off, but thankfully, my body is proof against swords and as a result I was unharmed. Full of fear of the power my two brothers and I possessed, the emperor gave us all fancy looking hats and invited us to join in a quaint folk dance.

Anyhow, I was describing the autumn. I believe that autumn is where the new year should be located, at the very end of autumn. Thus, autumn is truly not the time of wisdom in the life of a year, when the year is old but still lives, and knows what is true and what is false. If the autumn were a monster, it would swallow us all and we would not survive. It would be quite unpleasant. It would be a wise monster as well, so we would have no chance to defeat it with our feeble earth intellects.

No comments: